A Sessa Blog

A Sessa Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spelling Bee


Lately I have been getting frustrated with the fact that my 17 month old brother Cooper doesn't talk. It isn't that he can't talk, he just chooses not too. Instead he points and speaks the long lost language known as dinosaur. "Rawww", "Grrr", and "Roarrr" are common words for "give me that", "I AM going to play in the dog water" and "I only want my mommy". Just a warning...when you don't understand this foreign language it is also accompanied with head butts, scratching, and shrieking calls for re-enforcement. Of course all little dinosaurs end up in time out after this, but it is still slightly frustrating to have a 19 pound velociraptor for a little brother. Even when he does turn into a snuggle bunny after the fact.

It wasn't until I was in eating at Carolina Ale House in North Carolina with my 3 year old sister that I really started to appreciate the simplicity of 17 month old dinosaur tongue.

Jordan: Al- Pink Lexie sit still! Please don't put your feet on the table.

Pink Lexie stalls for a second, takes her feet down, colors on her coloring sheet and smiles.

Jordan: Thank you

Pink Lexie: (pointing to coloring sheet) Read it Sessa. It says N-O. That means NO. (Feet promptly return to the table.)

I hope Cooper speaks dinosaur until he is 12. As for Ally aka Pink Lexie, I have been threatened with the letters "P-I-G" for three days...



No comments:

Post a Comment