A Sessa Blog

A Sessa Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dalmatian Celebration





For those of you who don't know, Ally is OBSESSED with Animals. Her favorite movies consist of Babe, Lady and the Tramp, Bolt, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp 2, 101 Dalmatians 2, Babe 2... you get the picture.

So when we asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted a few months ago, I'm not really sure why I was expecting the normal Disney Princess answer. I mean seriously... buying a pre-sold set like this would have just been too easy.


Her answer? 101 Dalmatians. Great I thought! That's kind of fun and different. No one will have the same party theme as her! And I was right... I don't think anyone has had a 101 Dalmatian party since somewhere around 1999...

So the planning began, the invitations were hand made (all 75 of them) by me. For those philosophers who ask the definition of love? See below. My poor fingers...


Luckily Rachel came out to help with the madness. It was necessary to hand make confetti, name tags, cupcake toppers... and oh yea, hand paint and "dalmatian-ify" 50 picture frames for gift bags.
"Wag bag" loot


Ally making confetti

We also came up with the brilliant idea to make the cupcakes for the party...the final count? Somewhere around 300.






Over all the party was "paw-fection" if I do say so myself. Although it would have NEVER been this amazing without the help of the amazing Rachel and Courtney. You both are so awesome!

Ally decided instead of gifts, she wanted donations for the Lexington Humane Society so all the hard work went towards a great cause! Overall we had about 40-45 kids show up and they had a blast! And Ally had an amazing birthday, which was all that really mattered.














No comments:

Post a Comment