A Sessa Blog

A Sessa Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm OCD, I admit it

Before reading this post, you are forewarned. I am extremely obsessive compulsive. Anyone who has ever seen my brother and sisters playroom or bedrooms is aware of this...issue. I really do label things for fun, separate toy plates from toy bowls, and set up Barbie houses every night before going to bed. So please keep that in mind when viewing this post. I am aware of my problem and while the 12 step program didn't work, I think Ally and Cooper greatly benefit from it.

You should also know I am obsessed with laminating things. It makes ordinary paper shiny and pretty...and therefore I feel as if everything should be laminated.

So now, Obsessive Compulsive Sister brings you: Ways to get pink pigs to bed, and then back up in the morning. I swear to you, this does work!

Night

I found these amazing little Blues Clues bedtime cards at NickJr.com. There are six two sided cards that cover basically everything a 2-22 year old could need to do before going to bed. One side displays the task in pictures while the other side says things like "great job". I found that the easiest thing to do is to laminate them (of course), and then stack them every night like a deck of cards in the order I want him or her to do things. Next have them pull the cards from the top and do the task. When they finish the task, have them flip the card over and move to the next one. Let me tell you, I've never seen a pig move so fast in my life. It's apparently like the greatest game ever invented and the bedtime process tonight was finished in 15 minutes.







Morning

I found these adorable Day of the Week clothes tags on my cousins blog,(http://glasspony.blogspot.com/) along with an amazing 4 step list of tasks to do in the morning. I hang the outfit for the next day out the night before with the tag on it. The list of morning tasks is hanging on the closet door, along with an amazing 4 step list of things to do in the morning.





And there you have it. The obsessive compulsive way to get things done. I do promise it will work however. If it works for Pink Pigs, who by nature are VERY stubborn little girls, I can't imagine it not working on any other child or pig or dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment