A Sessa Blog

A Sessa Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NYC

Today I made the decision that New York City just wasn't going to work out this year. I am sad, but there are so many things going on here at home that only happen once. Puppies being one example, getting my new apartment on Thursday being another. Even though I have come to terms with my decision, I will miss NYC with my friends this year :( Luckily, today I got a little taste of NYC and what I'll be missing.

The morning started out with whine...and a lot of it. By whine I obviously mean that prolonged screechy noise that leaks out of Ally and Coopers mouths when I can't magically make the other one disappear. Alcoholic? No. But it ends with the same headache.

This was followed by puke. The whine in the air had obviously affected Lexie as she felt it necessary to vomit all contents of her stomach...on 3 different floors and a total of 6 rooms.

And yes, I know what you are thinking those of you actually from the city... urine. Not to be upstaged by Lexie, the other dogs decided that it really wasn't necessary to pee outside today due to the torrential downpour (dribble) taking place outside.

I have to give it to my canine friends though, it isn't a true day in the city unless you feel like showering after every trip on the subway (upstairs).

But as always, NYC's amazing moments overshadow the bad. And the bad really aren't THAT bad, just different from the ordinary which is why people vacation anyway.

I did get to see an amazingly beautiful drag queen who had more self confidence than I do.

And "Alphalphaba" from Wicked (Ally's name for Elphaba)
Courtney, Rachel, and Michael... I hope you guys have an AMAZING time in NYC! I will miss you guys but I know you will have a BLAST without me :) Just remember...I like shiny pink things lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment